Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GameLight - Mortal Kombat 9

I think it's been something over 7 years since I played a Mortal Kombat game.  Don't get me wrong, there has been (seemingly) a lot of MK games that came out that I had interest in playing but never bought.  I know it's been a while since the last Mortal Kombat I bought and played was "Deadly Alliance" on PS2.  It wasn't too bad of a game, but I kind of got bored of it after a while.  My friends and I were more concerned about seeing all the fatalities than playing the actual game.  I'm thinking of going back to the game and finishing parts of the game I haven't played yet.  Mortal Kombat 9 seems to go back to its roots with a focus on an enhanced combat system (everything seems to chain very smoothly from the gameplays) with beautiful graphics and animation.  For those who like the violence of MK, you won't be disappointed as its some of the most gruesome stuff I've seen in videogames in a while.  I didn't play Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, but I heard a lot of the complaints had to do with the lack of violence.  But from what some of my friends have said, the combat system was decent and was entertaining for a while.  So a revival in the main series of MK is sure to bring back a lot of MK veterans and perhaps some new comers to the franchise.  Last night, a friend of mine told me that music artist Skrillex made a song for the character "Reptile" and was shown with a trailer of the game:

Source: Youtube Channel XboxViewTV

I'm not a huge MK fan, but I gotta admit that this upcoming release looks fun.  I was actually confused at first of having dubstep sensation Skrillex (I didn't know about him until just 4 months ago) creating a song for MK 9, but I was highly convinced at how appropriate it was for the trailer and the game to have such high energy music after watching the video once.  I'm hoping that there's more music from Skrillex rather than just that one song.  MK has had quite a few good tracks in its series, but I never cared too much for them and so never took notice (other than the main Mortal Kombat theme song).  I'm not sure what to expect out of this next Mortal Kombat.  I want to play it, but I'm not too interested in buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment