Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NewNews - Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

Official Site: http://www.facebook.com/DragonAgeLegends

Source: Youtube Channel MyDragonLair

I've mentioned this before, but the quality on Facebook games are getting dramatically better than its predecessors.  Even with the simplistic game mechanics of Knight of the Crystals and Chocobo's Crystal Towers by Square-Enix was fairly entertaining and got some of my friends involved and playing.  Well, BioWare/EA has pushed beyond that and gave the player much more control in their new Facebook RPG: Dragon Age Legends.  The art style is similar to those of Adventure Quest with game mechanics similar to those that have been on Facebook and of other flash-based RPGs like Adventure Quest.  One of the incentives for people to play is being able to receive special items within Dragon Age 2 by fulfilling quests within Dragon Age Legends.  I tried a bit of it and like it already.  Fluid graphics and animations, quality sound and music implemented into the game, an in-depth class and skill system similar to the actual game, combat system with actual turn-based fighting and control from the player, and some strategy involved with time management and item making.  In short, the Facebook app feels like a game.  I've always felt like a passive playing clicking on buttons and watching the result of my battles automatically determined for me.  Similar to boss battles in Knights of the Crystals, you can summon characters that your friends made to join you in battle.  It uses the micro-transaction model to earn money while letting players play for free, and so those who want to progress faster can pay to do so.  I'm not sure if there's any PvP of any sort, but I'm pretty sure that those who spend more money will have the advantage over all other players.  That's fine.  Let me play my game for free and those who feel the need to gain the advantage do so by paying.  If anything, play enough of the game to get the items you want for Dragon Age 2 and be done with it.  I don't have Dragon Age 2 yet, but I think I'll continue to play DA Legends for a while and see how in-depth the game gets.

Source: Gamasutra - BioWare Releases Dragon Age Legends On Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment