Wednesday, March 9, 2011

GameLight - Homefront Multiplayer

Official Site: http://www.homefront-game.com/#/home

Source: Youtube Channel Gamehelper

I mentioned this a few time before, but I saw banners for Homefront in the hallways at last year's E3 2010 and didn't see any booths or videos for the game.  I eventually found information on what the game was about sometime after I got back from E3 and was astonished at the premise of the story taken place.  I find the idea of both North and South Korea to unite and suddenly attack America to be a frightening story to tell at such unstable times for North Korea's Government and the rest of the world's economic crisis.  Story aside, there wasn't any gameplay footages for the longest time.  Recently, there has been single player and multiplayer videos floating around here and there and I finally saw the video shown above.  It's kind of what I expected for multiplayer: Military Tactical shooter, urban areas, vehicles to drive around, deathmatch/capture points type modes, points system to level up, etc.  The footage didn't capture me like Crysis 2 did, but the game does look interesting and I'm considering on purchasing it for PC if my laptop can handle it.

What I'm hoping for:
-More strategical push factor like in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Frontlines: Fuels of War
-Lots of weapons to choose from as well as gadgets and vehicles
-My laptop can at least run smoothly on the lowest settings

Concerns:
-Lag!  Lag is a very common problem in first-person shooters that kills the experience
-The graphics too demanding for my laptop to handle even at the lowest settings (like Crysis 2)
-Nothing new to present.  What if I don't like the game?  I don't want to waste $50-$60 for that

Here's hoping for a great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment