Thursday, October 10, 2013

NewNews - Humble Weekly Sale Focus Home Interactive

Official Site: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Source: Youtube Channel Humble Bundle

The new weekly bundle began today and it features games from Focus Home Interactive!  There's something almost for everyone: Simulation, strategy, Action, Role-playing, and Adventure.  Unfortunately, a lot of Focus Home Interactive's games under their name don't get very high scores from critics and players and some of them are pretty bad.  But don't let that discourage you for there is a reason why I am posting about this.  Out of the games they are offering:

-Cities XL Platinum
-Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
-Divinity 2: Developer's Cut
-R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
-Game of Thrones The Role-Playing Game
-Confrontation
*Wargame: European Escalation
*The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
   -*Pay more than $6 for these

I have played Divinity and R.A.W.  I haven't played the other games, but I would recommend the bundle just for Divinity 2: Developer's Cut.  I never beat the game or even got far into it (boasts over 100+ hours of gameplay), but I enjoyed this game a lot.  I've played a lot of games similar to this genre: Open-World 3rd-Person Action-RPG.  The story is pretty interesting and the gameplay is unique.  I have never heard of the Divinity series before playing Divinity 2 (I played the Dragon Knight Saga and was then given Developer's Cut for free) but was very impressed with what I played.  R.A.W. wasn't as bad as the critics claim, but it wasn't exactly a memorable experience either.  It was mildly entertaining for what it was.  I got the bundle to try out Cities XL, Game of Thrones, and I've been wanting Confrontation for a while now.  Besides Divinity 2, I think Wargame: European Escalation has the highest score from critics out of the bunch.  If you're looking for a game to put a good amount of time into that provides a fun 3rd-Person Action-RPG experience, I would recommend Divinity 2 mainly because most people don't know about the game.

And if you're a fan of the original Divinity, it's not the same.  If you want something similar to the original Divinity, the developers are actually working on a new Divinity game that will be like the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment