Tuesday, October 1, 2013

GameLight - Terraria 1.2 Update

Official Site: http://www.terraria.org/index2.html
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/
Source: Youtube Channel demilogic

After 100+ hours, everything that could be done seemed to have been done.  And then a huge update was talked about all year long and people got excited.  I wasn't going to be excited until it was downloaded onto my computer and I was already playing it.  I would have never guessed how much time I was going to spend playing Terraria or how much fun I was going to have when I first bought it.  Along with all the free updates that the developers keep giving to the players, it's perhaps one of the best purchases I have ever made on Steam.  With the new 1.2 update launching last night at 12AM EST, many players got to re-experience Terraria in a totally new way.  Besides having new weapons, biomes, enemies, items, bosses, etc., there also has been changes in game mechanics and world creation details that improves the game even further.  Backgrounds have been redone to look nicer but have been optimized so that it doesn't lag the game anymore.  There's seriously a LOT of new changes and improvements.  It's no wonder so many people were excited about this.  I barely scratched the surface of what has been changed and added from the 3 hours I played last night.

Terraria is an open-world Action-Adventure game that can be played online with friends if someone creates a server for it.  There is no particular goal, but there is plenty to explore and a lot to do.  It's $9.99 on Steam and a really good deal for what is offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment