Monday, October 14, 2013

GameLight - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Official Site: http://www.lightningreturns.com/
Source: Youtube Channel SQEXMembersNA

Square-Enix is betting on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII to be really big despite the backlash the fans had with the series.  For me, I was extremely excited about Final Fantasy XIII and bought it the first week it came out.  But during that time, I was still in school and did not have my Playstation 3 with me.  Even after finishing school and being back home with my PS3, I never found the time to play FF13.  FF13-2 came out and I eventually picked it up when it was $15 and then Lightning Returns was announced.  After years of hearing how the series has become too linear, boring, and unimaginative, I am still very excited to finally getting around to FF13, FF13-2, and anticipating the launch of Lightning Returns.  Although the game will be within the realm of FF13, the game play will be vastly different.  With a more action-orientated, party-less RPG, Lightning Returns hopes to provide an exciting single-player experience with an open-world environment and an ever changing combat mechanic.  Just this past month, Square-Enix has shown the world what to expect from this upcoming sequel. Source: Youtube Channel Square Portal

Source: Youtube Channel SQEXMembersNA

The game is looking great.  I'm going to make an effort to get through FF13 and FF13-2 before the end of the year and prepare myself for Lightning Returns when it launches next year on February 11th, 2014 (February 13th for EU).  The game will release on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source:
-Kotaku - 17 Minutes Of Hardcore Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Action
-Kotaku - Lightning Returns Video Shows A Different Class Of Final Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment