Monday, May 20, 2013

NewNews - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- gets announced

YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/arcsystemworks
Source: Top Link

I knew another Guilty Gear game was in the making, but I wasn't sure what to expect.  This little trailer took me by surprise when it revealed that the new Guilty Gear will be featuring 3D models utilizing the Unreal Engine rather than 2D hand-drawn sprites.  I have to say that it looks incredible in that it's clean looking and still has the smooth animations of a 2D fighter.  I am elated to hear Daisuke Ishiwatari taking the position of the Director once again and continuing a great series I thought would be lost forever (lost rights to Guilty Gear but eventually bought it back).  Guilty Gear was a game I avoided when it first came out because it looked so dark.  What got me into the series was listening to Dizzy's Theme "Awe of She" and instantly falling in love with the music for the game.  I eventually tried out the game and really liked the mechanics of air-dashing, combos, and unique specials for characters and became a fan of the series.  I am very impressed with the trailer and am looking forward to the release of the newest installment in the Guilty Gear series.

No comments:

Post a Comment