Thursday, July 7, 2011

GameOn - Steam Summer 2011 Day 8

Official Site: http://store.steampowered.com/
[Today's Deals]
-Dead Rising 2: $19.99 - I never figured out whether this game was 2-player local on PS3.  I plan on getting it one day for console since I enjoyed playing the first one (on Wii too, the less version of the original).  Dead Rising 2 is a 3rd-Person Action game.
-Quake Franchise Sale - This is for the Quake fans or the curious as all the games are super old (like, blockier than N64 3D old).  Quake is a First-Person Shooter.
-Tomb Raider Franchise Sale - I never had too much of an interest in Tomb Raider since it involved a lot of restarting after dying once.  There are so many ways to die in that game.  Guess that demo back in the Playstation one days just gave me a bad impression of the game.  Tomb Raider is an 3rd Person Adventure game with the exception of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light being a top-down action-adventure game.
-Cities XL 2011: $7.99 - The graphics for this game is amazing and beautiful.  I really want to play the game, but I feel like I'll be spending so much time on it that I'd be neglecting the other tons of games I have piled up.  Cities XL 2011 is a simulation game.
-Sanctum: $3.75 - I finally tried the demo out and I'm torn between wanting to buy it and totally ignoring it.  I like the concept, but I feel like a lot is missing from the game.  I would've liked more weapons and the ability to play with multiple people (like 4-8 players) rather than just being restricted to two-person co-op (unless I found someone that'd be willing to play the game).  Sanctum is a First-Person Shooter / Tower Defense Hybrid.  It's fun, but I think it could be better.  Ugh, should I get it just to play solo???
-Command and Conquer Franchise Sale - I haven't played a C&C game in a loooooong time, and I have a few of them.  I stayed away from RTS games for the longest times mainly because it takes quite some time just to finish one chapter of each mission.  I honestly really like to play RTS games, but I feel they take too much time when I also wan to play other games as well.  I'll play RTS again one day, starting with Starcraft 2 which I bought the first week...
-Street Fighter IV: $14.99 - As a Street Fighter fan, "I'd say don't buy it!"  Get Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition which just released on Steam.  The game has an additional 14 characters, a lot more content, an extra special attack from each character, and tons of adjustments.  I'm preparing to get SSFIV: AE on PS3 sometime soon since my computer can't handle the graphics really well.  SFIV is a traditional Fighting game.
-Company of Heroes Franchise Sale - Company of Heroes is a unique Action RTS where the focus is more on the fighting rather than the resource collecting.  I played this at a friend's house and it realized how intense it could be when resource collecting isn't the issue.  A small map took us 2 hours to complete.  It was fun, but I couldn't play through the whole game if it took that long for each map.
-Rift: $9.99 - If it weren't for the monthly subscription, I'd buy this game in a heartbeat.  Rift is a MMORPG that features the ability to switch between different builds for each of the classes which varies the type of style of gameplay for each situation.  If this game ever goes Free-to-Play, I'm jumping in to join the fun.
-Counter-Strike Source: $4.99 - If  you don't know what Counter-Strike is, shame on you.  CSS is the recreation of the classic Half-Life mod that became the number one online game using the Source engine.  The community in CSS is still strong and populated, so there shouldn't be a problem jumping into a game and being able to enjoy this classic game of Terrorist vs. Counter-Terrorist.
-Risen: $10.19 - I'm actually not sure what to say about this game.  It's an RPG.  I have somewhat of an interest to try it, but at the same time I consider all the other RPGs I've got to still finish.
-Audiosurf: $1.49 - Turn your music into the tracks you surf on in this puzzle/music Rhythm, pseudo racing game.  The beats of a song turns into points and bumps on the road, so it visualizes and utilizes the music in part of the gameplay.  There are several different modes to play as well as a local two-player co-op mode (which you can also play solo with).

[Steam Achievements - Daily Missions]
-Sanctum: Start the party on Glade - What does that mean?  Considering that I might buy the game, I guess I'll find out.  After beating the demo, there were characters dancing around.  So maybe I'm supposed to beat the level "Glade"?  Ugh, I hope it's not too far into the game.  The game is quite time consuming.
-Audiosurf: Turn 21 blocks red with a single paint - This can be either easy or really hard depending on how many block I have and when I happen to run into a red paint (the highest point color).
-Counter-Strike: Source: Get 2 kills standing in the same spot with a zoomed sniper rifle - I think I can do that.  As long as I go against "easy" computer AI, I think this one will be as easy as getting camp kills.
-Tidalis: Create A Combo At Least 6 Deep - Seeing how combos in puzzle games happen by chance, this achievement can vary for each player.
-Metal Drift: Achieve 5 kills on each map - I don't know how many maps there are, but wouldn't that take a long time since it's technically going through the whole game?
-The Wonderful End of the World: Reset the game, and complete the entire thing in one sitting - WHAAAAT?  Is the game short or something?  Playing through a game in one sitting usually takes a lot of time, especially if the player never played the game before.
-Poker Night at the Inventory: Win a hand with a 6 card and a 9 card of any suit - I guess you can create a straight, but that doesn't mean you'd win with that hand.  I would've gotten this game if it were more heavily involved with Team Fortress 2.  So instead of getting 4-5 items, players would be able to gain all sorts of items as well as bet against other players with TF2 items.  By the way, the game is one-player.
-Fate of the World: Hooked up space solar power arrays by 2110 - I have no idea what that means, but good luck with it.
-Movie Night: Download and watch a trailer in Steam - Sounds easy enough.

Only 3 more days left to get what you want and to complete those achievements for prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment