Monday, July 4, 2011

GameOn - Steam Summer 2011 Day 5

Official Site: http://store.steampowered.com/
[Today's Deals]
-Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword: $3.74 - Mount & Blade is truly a unique RPG experience where the player has a LOT of freedom in where the want to go and what they want to do next.  It accentuates the use of a horse (mount) in large scale warfare that most European medieval games leave out.
-Fallout New Vegas: $14.99 - For that price, I really want it.  Problem is that I wanted to play through Fallout 3 first, which is the same price.  Sigh, I think I'll wait till Winter sales for this one and maybe get Fallout 3 first.  Fallout New Vegas is a First-Person Shooter RPG.
-Doom 3: $4.99 - The game is fun, but I got bored of it after a while and quit playing it.  Doom 3 is a Horror First-Person Shooter
-Homefront: $24.99 - Ugh, why can't it be cheaper!?  Well, I guess it is kind of new.  I've heard about this game since seeing it all over the LA Convention center at last year's E3.  The game seems fun, but I'm afraid that the multiplayer community might be dead already and $24.99 for a single-player experience isn't really worth it (which I heard was very short).  I'll consider this...Homefront is a Tactical First-Person Shooter.
-Bionic Commando Rearmed: $4.99 - THIS IS A MUST BUY!  Seriously, if you grew up in the 2D platformer retro gaming days, this is a game that you must try out.  The game captures the original perfectly (which I played through before I bought it) and has an amazing remixed soundtrack that will blow your mind.  There's the original campaign, 51 Challenges, 2-player co-op, and 4 player versus.  BC Rearmed is a 2D Action Platformer where you swing rather than jump.
-Singularity: $7.49 - I've heard decent things about the game, but I'm not too interested in it.  I think it's a First-Person Shooter/Puzzle game of sorts?
-Serious Sam HD: $7.99 - Don't take the game too seriously if you're interested in getting it, I'm serious.  The most serious thing about the game is how quirky and ridiculous it can get.  16 player co-op, large maps, tons of weapons, challenging puzzles, and crazy multiplayer deathmatchs.  Serious Sam is a First-Person Shooter.
-Bully: $3.74 - Again, this game comes out and makes me wonder if I should get it.  I think it's a free-roaming action game where you perform various tasks to progress the story, much like GTA.  Bully is a sandbox Action Game, I think...
-Alpha Protocol: $4.99 - From the guys to made Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 (not 1, that was BioWare) brings an espionage RPG where I heard the freedom isn't as non-linear as it sounds.  I'm still interested since I like stealth games and RPGs.
-R.U.S.E.: $10.19 - It's a strategy game based around deceit and trickery (a ruse) so that it can divert your opponent's attention somewhere else while you use your real army to go in for the attack.
-Trine: $1.99 - This is a puzzle platformer game based around a physics engine which I found to be quite interesting.  It's more fun to play with 3 people, and you can do so if you have 2 extra controllers along with someone playing on mouse and keyboard.

[Steam Achievements - Daily Missions]
Wow, the achievements are really hard this year.  The Iron Grip Warlords achievement took me 1.5 hours to get, and the steam servers went down so it didn't register.  I'm going to have to do it again...
-Mount & Blade: Warband: As a Female Character, give a companion character a great sword. - I wonder how hard it is to find a great sword.  I haven't played the game in a while, but I think that feat will take some time to do.  Dang all these long/hard achievements!!!
-Zombie Driver: Make a barbecue of 20 zombie dogs in a single slaughter mode match. - Shouldn't this be easy?  Just get a flame thrower and burn down 20 zombies right?  I'll have to find out.
-Fortix 2: Collect 50 sunflowers on Greemland or Classic levels. - Isn't that what you normally do in the game?  All the easy achievements are on games I don't have!
-Homefront: Complete chapter 2 in the Single Player Campaign - That's so easy!  Just play the friggin' game normally and get an achievement?  How unfair.
-Trine: Stay Underwater for 40 sec without taking damage - The hard part will be finding a level with water.  I beat that game last year.
-Serious Sam HD: Drown an Enemy - I don't know how hard that is, I played second encounter, not the first one.  I think it's just finding an enemy and then shooting him into water.
-Say Cheese: Post a screenshot - As usual, Valve will provide at least one easy one each day.

Ugh, losing more money and falling behind in Achievements.  I can't even download and install my games in time, haha.  Day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment