Friday, July 1, 2011

GameOn - Steam Summer 2011 Day 2

I'm just going to turn this into a GameOn event and continue for the next 10 days.
Official Site: http://store.steampowered.com/
 [Today's Deals]
-Total War Shogun 2: $29.99 - If you like strategy games, then this is the game for you.  It will last for many hours, days, months of gameplay for those who enjoy an in-depth gameplay and lots of planning.
-Call of Duty: Black Ops: $40.19 - I'd advise not getting this for PC unless you have a really powerful computer.  Blacks Ops isn't optimized as well as Modern Warfare 2 and thus requires a lot of power to just run it smoothly even on the lowest settings.  The game is obviously fun to those who enjoy Call of Duty games or FPS in general.
-GTA Classics: $7.49 - If this was before I got GTA 4, I'd so buy it.  But I already have GTA 3 and GTA 4.  I think that's enough GTA to keep me busy for a very long time.
-Dungeons: $13.59 - I'm not sure how the game is like, but it's a reverse dungeon crawler where you make your own dungeons to lure heroes into and defeat.  This isn't the first of its kind, but I heard it was decent.
-Devil May Cry 4: $9.99 - Much like CoD: Black Ops, make sure you have a nice computer before getting this for PC.  DMC 4 is just as fun as its predecessors with fast action combos and challenging bosses.
-Just Cause 2: $4.99 - I really want this game, but I don't want to have to start up my Vista side just to play the dang game!  There's tons of ways to play the game (sandbox-like, lots of messing around) and a lot of freedom in where you want to go.
-Braid: $2.49 - This is an puzzle-platformer indie game.  I got it a while ago because of how highly acclaimed it was in the indie scene.  I have yet to try it, but it's worth getting for any indie game fan for just $2.49.
-Might and Magic Franchise Sale - There are several games to choose from the package when you click it.  I'm actually going to get Dark Messiah as I played it a while ago and really enjoyed it.  For those who like Action RPGs similar to "The Elder Scroll" series, you should check Dark Messiah out.
-Star Wars Franchise Sale - A few games in the collection as well as The Force Unleashed 2 which came out just last year of October.  It got mixed reviews, but it looks amazing.  I'm too swamped with games to get this one just yet.  Maybe it'll be $5 by the time Winter Sales start up~

[Steam Achievements - Daily Missions]
-Hamilton's Great Adventure: Complete the "Up, up and away" extra level in the Amazon Jungle" - Not sure how hard that is, but keep in mind that the game only works on Vista and Windows 7.
-SpaceChem: Beat 3 published ResearchNet assignments - Is this game fun?  The mission sound easy enough, but I don't have interest in getting the game.
-Total War: SHOGUN 2: Your daimyo wins 3 consecutive land battles during the summer season - This one might take a while if you're new to the game.  There's a lot to go through in tutorial.
-Alien Breed: Impact: Complete 3 Co-op Assault multi-player games - That should be easy enough.
-Team Fortress 2: Jump into water when lit on fire - EASIEST ACHIEVEMENT EVER!  If it's too hard, ask a friend to light you on fire next to the bridge on Twofort.
-Dwarfs!?: Score 2500 in the Carnival minigame - I'm wondering if we need to get the DLC from the prize booth to get this one.  If so, that is devious!  I want the game too, so I'll probably do it.

Day 2!  Happy Gaming~

No comments:

Post a Comment