Tuesday, July 5, 2011

GameOn - Steam Summer 2011 Day 6

Official Site: http://store.steampowered.com/
[Today's Deals]
Oh wow, there aren't as many games I can talk about this time since I don't know too much about them.
-Monday Night Combat: $3.74 - If you like Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients/League of Legends/Heroes of Newerth, then this is a game you have to check out.  Fast paced 3rd-person shooting/fighting action with the strategic tactics of Action Tower Defense games like DotA.
-Beat Hazard: $2.49 - I'd say this game is worth it if you like arena shooters.  It's really hard at first since the graphics are blaring and it's difficult to distinguish between your own shots and the enemy's bullets.  The music you choose affects the power of your gun and the types of enemies that come out.  Don't forget to buy the Ultra expansion if you want the extra features.
-Deus Ex: $2.49 - Considered to be one of the greatest PC games of all time (as I keep hearing), Deus Ex provides a lot of freedom in how an objective is fulfilled.  It's a mix between First-Person Shooter, Stealth and has RPG elements such as information gathering, ability leveling, and item acquisition.  I'm still working on the game, but I do see a lot of the reasons why so many gamers love this game so much.
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4: $9.99 - I'm not sure what the multiplayer is like anymore (whether it's populated or not) mainly because I haven't played it in a long time and I have it on PS3.  The game is truly magnificent and is the one that got me into the CoD series.  If you want to play the game mainly for it's Single-player, this game is worth it then.  If you're looking for a multiplayer experience, I can't tell if it's worth it or not.

[Steam Achievements - Daily Missions]
-AI War: Fleet Command: Accumulate a net energy balance of 300,000 - That sounds like it would take a while.  I don't know how the game flow works for this game.  A lot of steam achievements this year is really hard!
-Monday Night Combat: Kill another player with an explosion with your back turned from them - Hmm, that might be hard.  I'm not particularly good at that game and it's hard to kill in general.
-Beat Hazard: Strip the turrets off 2 bosses and keep them alive for 60 seconds - errr, I need to find a long song with two bosses that has turrets on them.
-Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood - Kill 25 Chickens - This should be easy.  There's a mode specifically for killing chickens!
-Nation Red:  Start a game in Strategic Mode and pick only four perks: Fire Starter, Friendly Fire, Remote Detonator and Molotov, then detonate 12 Molotov grenades in one game - That sounds confusing, but I'll give it a try.  Nation Red got a lot of new content since the last time I played it.
-And Yet it Moves: Cool down a sweating bat with a drop of water in The Great Escape - I never played the game, so I don't know what it's like.
-Play Time: Play a free game demo - Yay, free steam achievement!

Time's passing by quickly, it's Day 6.  Buy what you want before it shoots up 2-5 times its sale price! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment