Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GameOn - Steam Summer 2011 Day 7

Official Site: http://store.steampowered.com/
 [Today's Deals]
-The Sims 3: $13.60 - If you're looking for a game to play for hours on end and to keep you occupied for large portion of the year, then this is a good game to get.  It is because I barely have time to play games now that I try to stay away from such addicting games that eats up time like this one.
-Jamestown: $4.99 - This is an indie developed shoot-em-up that features 4-player co-op, pixel based sprites, and the ability to bring your team mates back from death rather than sharing a pool of lives.  I'm definitely going to get this one.
-Killing Floor: $4.99 - If you're thinking that you wouldn't be interested in this game because you already have Left 4 Dead 2, then let me assure you that it's a different experience and is a lot of fun.  Killing Floor is a round based survival horror First-Person Shooter (rather than being a progressive level like in L4D).  It features a lot more weapons, a class and leveling system, a lot of levels that are added on frequently for free, and 6-player co-op.
-Prototype: $14.99 - I like to think of Prototype as Grand Theft Auto except you're supposed to destroy everything.  You are the ultimate weapon in a open-ended gameplay where you follow the story of a horrible incident that caused all the problems in the city, but you also get to run around the streets, fly over buildings, and deal a lot of carnage.  Prototype is a 3rd-Person Action Adventure game.
-Left 4 Dead 2: $4.99 - It's undeniable that L4D2 is a fun game, and if you still don't have it yet, you are missing out.  L4D2 is more casual compared to other zombie games such as Dead Rising, Killing Floor, and Resident Evil as it's much easier to understand and involves a lot of team-play interactions.  To top off zombie killing, you get to BE the zombies in versus mode and cause a lot of mayhem for the hapless survivors.
-Grand Theft Auto IV Pack: $9.99 - This pack includes the 2 stand alone games relating to GTA4.  GTA4 is a really fun sandbox game where it's like a virtual playground as well as a immersive story to give the player a main goal to achieve.  I've had the PS3 version for years now, and I barely play it.  It's a fun game, and I should play it more often.
-FarCry 2: $4.99 - I heard many great things about this game, but it's not a game I hear anyone I know talk about.  It uses the CryEngine, which the company has been relentlessly working on and improving, which shows off all the modern technology of computer graphics, physics, and editing capabilities.  Maybe I should play this game one day, but I'm not sure if I want to get it now.  My computer may not be able to run it.
-Lost Planet 2: $19.99 - Lost Planet 1 was an interesting and satisfying experience for me, and thought I'm not finished with LP2, I think a lot of people are missing out on it.  LP2 is rather unappreciated as it boasts 4-player co-op, large scale boss battles, and some pretty wicked level designs.  Perhaps fans of the first one were a bit put off by the more linear level designs in the second one.  I'd say get this if you can convince 3 other friends to join you.

[Steam Achievements - Daily Missions]
Really, some of the achievements this year is so ambiguous and difficult to perform that it makes me wonder why they would do it.  I doesn't make the player like the game anymore than they would have if they played normally, and in fact I think it makes them more frustrated and angry with the game.  Anyways, let's hope the today's achievements aren't as bad.
-Killing Floor: Kill a circus Scrake with a crossbow - This shouldn't be too bad if you're playing on Easy difficulty.  Just be sure you stay alive long enough to see a Scrake (the tall zombie with a Chainsaw).
-Atom Zombie Smasher: Rescue at least 100 people in July - I haven't played the game, but it sounds hard.
-Left 4 Dead 2: Survive the Cold Stream campaign on any difficulty - I think that's the new map that was in beta testing.  I hope it's not hard, I'll try it out.
-RUSH: Complete the Solar Flare level - Sounds like you just need to get to a certain part of the game, that's all.  It shouldn't be too bad as long as it's not very far into the game.
-Spiral Knights: Add the Firecracker bomb to your arsenal - Now how do I get that?  I'm going to have to look it up because I'm not going to play several hours on end just to find one item.
-Guardians of Graxia: Hit at least three enemy units simultaneously using either the Hell Storm or Wild Fire spell cards. - Sounds like you have to get those cards before you can even perform that action.
-BIT.TRIP RUNNER: Bump into a fire in a Bonus Challenge - Oh cool, I'd probably accidentally do that anyways, even if it weren't an achievement.

I'm sooooo behind on achievements, but I've got all the main prizes I wanted, so maybe I can ease up on it.  The plus side is raising my chances of winning the grand prize, which I highly doubt I'd win anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment