Tuesday, August 9, 2011

GameLight - The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Despite turmoil within the gaming community due to Bethesda's claim of trademark infringement, I am still very excited about The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Source: Youtube Channel babypazuzu

I can't say that I'm an avid fan of the series since I've never touched any of them until just this summer I bought TESIV: Oblivion, but I really like these types of open world, non-linear Action RPGs and really like the series because of that.  What I didn't know is that you can get the first and 2nd TES games for free now.  They look so old and archaic, but it's hard to imagine a non-linear, free-roaming Action RPG back then.  I probably wouldn't even be able to stand playing games like those back then since I was so impatient.  Still, the original 2 games piques my interest and I think I might try them out in the near future just to see what they were like.  Looking at them and then back on the video for Skyrim, we've have come a long way in PC gaming.  There's the other hard part.  When the game finally does come out, I have the decision to get it on Playstation 3 or PC.  In all honesty, I think games such as these were meant to be played on PC.  They just feel...right.  The problem is that I'm still playing on a laptop (not a bad one though, but not great either) and I don't know when I'll finally decide to invest in creating a new tower.  Oblivion runs fine on my laptop, but I have to lower the beautiful graphics down in order to play without lag.  Then there's also the problem with the game frequently crashing.  By buying it on a console, I'm hoping that I don't have to worry about crashing, and incompatibility as much.  The thing is, it sounds awkward to play the game with a controller.  This is a decision I'm eventually going to make.  When I finally get the game, I have to decide what sort of path I'll be going down in terms of "class type".  In oblivion, I'm going for a blade user/marksman with stealth skills and some magic.  So I'm mostly going for an assassin sort of class (custom made).  It might be fun to try out a beefy fighter class or a crazy strong magic class when I finally start playing Skyrim (probably not going to get it on the first day, but will eventually get it).  Ah, so many good games coming out this last half year.  I just hope Nintendo joins in and has 3rd Party companies develop some good games for the 3DS and Wii U.

Sources:
-Gamasutra: Bethesda Targets Mojang's Scrolls For Trademark Infringement

No comments:

Post a Comment