Friday, April 22, 2011

GameLight - Spiral Knights

Official Site: http://www.spiralknights.com/

Source: Youtube Channel SegaAmerica

As far as I can tell, Spiral Knights is a free-to-play Action Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that plays in an arcade style rather than the typical point-n-click.  The game is developed by Three Rings and published by Sega.  The art style is a cartoonish, cel-shaded, 3D world in a top-down view.  The music in the trailer has old-school 8-bit chip sounding music combined with typical modern day orchestration.  It sounds rather charming doesn't it?  I haven't tried the game out myself yet, but I heard about it 2 weeks ago (I did mention about wanting to talk about an MMO 2 weeks ago).  I've read some comments from players that the game limits players to play a certain amount each time like a facebook game by using the "energy" structure.  A player can't perform any actions unless they have enough energy to spend on them and energy takes time to replenish one point at a time.  Of course, players are welcome to purchase items and buffs to play for longer durations and have certain perks to help them in-game.  I think it's possible to use your facebook account to log-in and play Spiral Knights, but with a lot of these games requiring your name, email, and other personal information, I'd rather just make a separate account on their site.  If the game interests you, go check it out at their website linked at the top.  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment