Wednesday, April 6, 2011

GameLight - Moon Diver

Moon Diver is a 2D Action Platformer that has elements of RPG and capability to play 4-player co-op local and online.  It is developed by Feelplus and published by Square-Enix for the PSN and XBLA Market.
Official Site: http://dlgames.square-enix.com/moondiver/na/index.html

Source: Youtube Channel machinima

I remember seeing the advertisement for this game and telling player to get ready for some "Ninja Flipping Action".  While they look nothing like ninjas, the characters have a plethora of abilities, move sets, and weapons to help them fight off the numerous enemies.  I'm not sure how to describe the game other than that it captures a lot of elements of old-school action platformers that made it fun and challenging.  The enemies aren't particularly threatening, but death comes quickly to those who let up for just a second.  I liked that it put me on edge and forced me to play more carefully because of the possibility of losing so quickly.  The graphics are a mixture of 3D art with a lot of influence from 2D games.  Like shown in the video, the gameplay is fast and frantic with lot of enemies on screen and the player being able to jump, climb, air-dash, and unleash group abilities by using their specials together.  The music is pretty cool, but it doesn't really stick beyond playing the game.  I have yet to try out multiplayer since I played the demo and not the full version; however, I am considering on buying this game because of how fun it was and I've been looking for a good co-op game for the longest time.  I'm not sure about the Xbox 360, but the demo is out on Sony's PSN for PS3 players to try out.  The game has already been released for PSN for $15.  Another game to look out for is Hard Corps: Uprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment