Monday, December 20, 2010

VGCulture - Steam Holiday Sales

Last Christmas at around the same time, there was a huge sale with games as low as $1 on Steam everyday.  I resisted with all my might not to buy any games as I still refused to use Steam (prior to the big update early 2010, the application was slow, ate RAM like crazy, and I didn't like the fact that all the games you owned weren't tangible).  Then it happened: Christmas Eve, friends and family gathered and we among friends opened up the gifts we got each other.  I ripped open the wrapper and saw that it was a pen box.  I liked fancy pens and the novelty of it, but it felt way too light.  I opened it up and saw a piece of paper inside that said "Go check your e-mail on the computer RIGHT NOW!"  So I opened up a browser, logged in, clicked on the message from my friend and then I saw it: "TEAM FORTRESS 2!" (TF2)  It was a great/terrible gift that made me happy/frustrated.  It entertained the 2nd half of my last year in college and ruined my sleep schedule of the first 3 weeks returning to campus.  It also caused the many weekends of staying up until 6AM playing.  Throughout the time I played TF2, I noticed games on sale mid-week and weekends almost every week.  I got a lot of my games for $5 and started to see huge improvements in the Steam program.  It was then that I decided that I would not miss out on this years STEAM HOLIDAY SALE!!!  It starts today:
Source: http://store.steampowered.com/
From the special day sale, I have this to say about the following:
-Fear Complete set (I heard it was good, $10 is a fair price)
-Titan's Quest Gold (A friend of mine played this a lot in place of Diablo 3 until it comes out)
-Super Meat Boy (I'M BUYING THIS!  It looks challenging, fun, and absolutely hilarious)
-Portal (Uhhh, who missed out on getting this game for free?)
-Fallout 3 (Bah, I was hoping for a steeper drop in price.  I'll get it eventually)
-Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Finally, it's about time.  So going to get this)

Besides these daily sales is a ridiculous library full of games 10-95% off.  This is the best time to buy the games that you want, because it'll be another year before you get the chance again!  Have fun and happy gaming~

http://store.steampowered.com/

It's one week away from being a entire year since I started using Steam, and I have 35 games and now I'm going to get more.  It's worth it, it's really really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment