Tuesday, December 21, 2010

GameLight - Warface

Source: G4G.IT - http://www.g4g.it/2010/12/21/warface-trailer/

I saw this post yesterday but didn't really have any interesting in checking it out.  Not sure why, but I was curious and checked out the video of it today and was blown away:

Source: Youtube Channel DTOID

Developed by Chinese game company Tencent, Warface utilizes the powerful Crytek engine with realistic physics, smooth animation, and incredible texture/lighting on the graphics.  This video is still only in its Alpha phase and it looks incredible!  The realism is captured by the detailed environments, perception blur, and I have to admit the physics is unrealistically hilarious.  But wow, the game really stands out for me in just how it looks, which leads me to thinking how well it would do in the market.  Not everyone has a powerful computer to support even the most basic settings of the CryEngine.  I'm hoping that the sounds are just as good as the graphics because that was something that impressed me about Medal of Honor (2010): powerful sounding guns with directional sense.  Since the game is only in Alpha and is being produced for a Korean audience (for now), I probably won't be able to see the game anytime soon.  Hopefully I get a really nice tower that can handle it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment