Monday, December 13, 2010

NewNews - Monday Night Combat...ON PC!!!

Haha, I was about to talk about another re-release of Final Fantasy IV (you can still read it on Joystiq) as I was starting up steam.  Then the Steam "Update News" shows up and displays "Monday Night Combat" Pre-purchase!  What's Monday Night Combat?  Well, I didn't know too much about it a while ago but ran into the name one day and saw this video:

Source: Youtube Channel UberEntChannel

I guess it's supposed to present itself like a futuristic sport in how we have Monday Night Football right now.  The gameplay is an inspiration of Team Fortress 2's class based action with the rules, goals, and strategy of Defense of the Ancients - DotA (at least from what I read and see).  It was released for Xbox 360 and had no announcement of it coming to PC.  I was thinking this to myself when I saw the video above: "Wow, this looks like a fun hybrid of a game.  I'd probably buy and play it if it released on PC."  And *BOOM* there it is!  Pre-purchase gets players into early beta to test out the game and its release date is set to January 17th of 2011.  I think I'd be willing to pay $13.49 for early beta and some Action/Strategy gameplay.  It's also considered an Indie game, and I'm always trying to learn more about the indie scene lately.  My wallet suffers because of Steam's awesome deals.  Be sure to listen to news and videos of gameplay to decide whether you'd like to give this game a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment