Friday, December 3, 2010

GameLight - Cataclysm

In 4 days, it'll be the end of the World...of Warcraft.
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/
On Tuesday December 7th 2010, Azeroth will have change entirely, just how the Overworld became the Ruined World in Final Fantasy 6 (eh? eh? anyone?).  This new expansion to the super popular MMORPG by Blizzard Entertainment "World of Warcraft" is more than just an extension of the game, but rather an entirely new one built off of the original.  All the places will look different (aesthetically for the most part I think, not sure), 2 new races will be introduced, skill trees are rearranged, and new quests will be available for you and your friends to embark on.  For me, I'm not so much interested in playing the new expansion as I am in seeing what changed.  I have played WoW when I got the chance and really liked it, but I never got addicted and I didn't stay persistent.  I didn't want to pay a monthly fee, I didn't have that much time to play it in the past 5+ years (same as now), and there are literally dozens of games sitting there and waiting for me to play them.  My biggest attraction to World of Warcraft consisted of the lore (read the history of Azeroth, it is amazing), the combat system, large party quests/instances/boss battles, and the community (on friendly terms, not the flamers and complainers).  I had bought the Special Edition of Starcraft 2 when it released and haven't even touched the Campaign yet because of how much work I've been doing since I got it.  If anything, I'm more excited about the release of Diablo III if that ever comes out anytime soon.  I got the chance to go to BlizzCon 2008 and tried out Starcraft 2, Wrath of the Lich King, and Diablo 3 and knew I was going to get at least 2 of them.  I had no interest in playing (more like paying) World of Warcraft for a long duration, so I never planned on getting any of the expansions.  But from all the news I've been reading and my friends' experience in beta testing Cataclysm, I'd say it's worth it to all ex-WoW players to go back on for one month to check out the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment