Wednesday, June 6, 2012

NewNews - Day 2 E3 2012

There's a lot to cover, so here we go:

[New Super Mario Bros. U]
More 4-player co-op shenanigans ensue as the new Super Mario Bros. game releases on the Wii U.

[Wizardry Online]
The Hardcore Action MMORPG seemed to have been demoed at E3 with an announcement of commercial launch later this year in NA and EU.  I made mention of this game last year in October and I'm still pretty interested in trying it out.

[The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest]
Part of Nintendo's Wii U "Nintendo Land" game collections, players can play cooperatively with their "Miis" dressed as Link.

[Scribblenauts Unlimited]
The Scribblenauts series continues on the Nintendo Wii U and possibly on the 3DS.

[Pikmin 3]
With the series skipping the Wii entirely, fans of Pikmin will be happy to see the return of the little Pikmins on the new Wii U.

[Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance]
MGS fans have been waiting for a while now, and I think they want it now more than ever with the reveal of some actual gameplay.

[Persona 4 Arena]
There's so many fighters releasing this year that it's difficult to follow.  Still, the fact that this is being developed by Arc System Works makes me interested.

[Star Wars 1313]
This is getting a lot of attention, but to me it looks like Uncharted in space.  Not that it's a bad thing, Uncharted is a great game and perhaps it'll be a great formula for a Star Wars themed game.

[Sleeping Dogs]
Dark and gritty, the game reminds me of games like Kane & Lynch.  I'm not sure what to make of the game yet, but it seems to have captured the attention of many gamers.

[Splinter Cell: Blacklist]
The Splinter Cell formula had started to get boring after a while and surprised the game community with Splinter Cell Conviction with a more action-orientated stealth (it was really fun).  Young Sam returns with that same formula and it looks pretty good so far.

[FarCry 3]
So far, not many announcements have surprised me at the convention.  The reveal of a dedicated 4-player co-op mode along with the open-world, single-player campaign and a map maker really caught my attention.  I really need a nice computer for this one.

[Call of Duty: Black Ops 2]
This is routine and everyone should know it's coming.  Love it or hate it, it's up to you.

[Dead Space 3]
I haven't played the second one, but the first one was pretty fun up until my save file crashed.

[Rayman Legends]
What a great way to utilize the Wii U hardware.  4-player local co-op games are becoming a rare option for games nowadays and it's good to see that developers still care about them.

[Medal of Honor: Warfighter]
I really enjoyed the single-player campaign from the one released in 2010, and I still believe that it had the best audio out of any FPS I have ever played.  I'm hoping that this one will be that much better with a more balanced and versatile multiplayer.

[Dust 514]
A free-to-play online game on a Playstation 3?  That's cool.  If only my PS3 had more Hard Drive space.

[Ninja Gaiden Clans]
This trailer says nothing about the game.  And the fact it's for smartphone makes me less excited.

[Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires]
No one covered Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires!  I was really sad to find out that Warriors Orochi 3 was download only and not retail.  If I ever get bored with Xtreme Legends, I'll have Empires to look forward to by February of next year.

[Dead or Alive 5]
Finally a DoA game that isn't on Xbox!  I might get this.  As I've said, so many fighting games this year.

[Counter-Strike: Global Offensive]
Counter-Strike has always been a "fool around" game for me and I'm happy to see another iteration of it release with an even more stronger community than ever before.  Also to hear that it's only $15 is nice too.

[Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2]
The fact that they decided to make a 2nd one makes me think that there's still more they could add and improve to the original.  The first one felt kind of clunky and stiff, though I haven't played it extensively.

[Elder Scrolls Online]
A lot of TES fans seem to be really upset at such an announcement rather than excited as it seems to be a game utilizing the MMORPG mechanics of combat (such as World of Warcraft, Aion, and Star Wars: The Old Republic) rather than the usual First-Person Action.  We'll see how this plays out.

Whew, I'll try to wrap up the rest tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment