Friday, June 29, 2012

VGCulture - Hoping it's Sale time

Official Site: http://store.steampowered.com/

Many Steam users (including me) are eagerly waiting for the arrival of this year's Summer Steam Sales and not seeing it this week only makes it that much more nerve wrecking thinking that it's this upcoming week (it better be!).  I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of those indie games and obscure titles.  Here are a few titles I'm looking forward to getting during the sale (if there's even one this year, I'm starting to get skeptic).

Fortune Summoners: I'm craving for a Castlevania-like game right now.  I recently bought Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and it just doesn't seem like enough.  I'm hoping there's a good sale price for this one.
Source: Youtube Channel mentaldagger

Nexuiz: I miss playing fast-paced FPS Action games and ShootMania is going to be out for a while.  I'm hoping that this game can scratch that itch for twitch-based shooters in the meantime.
Source: Youtube Channel machinima

Hack, Slash, Loot: This is one of the more obscure titles that launched on Steam that got no buzz from the media at all which makes me that much more curious about it.  The gameplay video makes it look boring and the same thing happened for Dungeons of Dredmor (which I ended up loving).  Getting to choose between 32 characters also sounds very exciting to me.
Source: Youtube Channel OddballDave

Ys Origins & Ys: The Oath in Felghana: It was surprising to get these two PC titles since Japan's had it out for years.  Thankfully, XSEED Games decided to bring these two great titles for the Western market to enjoy.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 & 2: After trying out the demo for the first episode on PSN, I was reluctant to ever wanting to play it.  But seeing how it might get sale on Steam for PC, I'm more willing to get it and play through it.  I heard the second episode was a lot better.

The other great thing about Summer Steam Sales is that there's usually events to participate in and prizes to win.  It's quite the incentive to get certain games and play them.  I'm really hoping it starts this upcoming week.  I'm soooooo ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment