Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NewNews - PSN is back up & Compensation revealed

So this isn't up to the minute NewNews as PSN went back up this past weekend (I logged in and checked, it works).  So I guess players can play online now, though I haven't tested that out yet since I was too busy playing 3D Dot Game Heroes and then I got Dynasty Warriors 7 yesterday.  Anyways, Sony has also revealed those free compensation games they were talking about before, and here it is (directly from Joystiq):

North American "Customer Appreciation Program":

"All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
ModNation Racers
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation

Not exactly what I was expecting, but at least it's something.  I was hoping that each user was given $10-$20 credit to choose the game they wanted rather than limiting to choosing 2 games out of the 4-5 available.  I'm thinking of getting inFamous and Dead Nation for the PS3 side while getting ModNation Racers and Killzone Liberation for the PSP side.  I don't really care too much about the PSP selections, but I guess getting inFamous is pretty cool since I wanted to try it (then again, it's available for $10 at Best Buy) and Dead Nation will be a fun co-op game to play when my friends come over.  There are other misc. compensation for services such as the music streaming and movie streaming programs.  You can read the rest of those on Joystiq's article on the bottom link.  I'm glad I got my account back and hopefully I'll be able to play some MAG, Medal of Honor, or Call of Duty: Black Ops tonight and find out if the online play is working alright.

Source: Joystiq - Sony reveals choice of free game downloads as part of PSN 'Welcome Back' program

No comments:

Post a Comment