Friday, January 7, 2011

NewNews - Razer Switchblade (Portable Gaming PC)

So appearently the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) started yesterday and had reports of a new gaming laptop being developed by Razer that has the functions I need to have awesome PC gaming on the go.
Source: Engadget - Razer Switchblade preview
Source: Joystiq - Razer announces Switchblade 7-inch PC gaming tablet concept
Source: Gamespot - Razer CES 2011 Booth Tour

Source: Youtube Channel cultofrazer

It's very rare that I, personally, buy or receive a computer or laptop.  Thinking about it, I've only bought one that I chose myself; it was a laptop.  I bought a Lenovo Y710 gaming laptop 17" and dual-booted it with XP/Vista.  Because of this 17" "gaming" (emphasis on gaming, meaning heavier) laptop, I rarely bring it around with me.  It's much easier than lugging my tower and 22" monitor around from before, but it's still problematic whenever I want to just lift up my laptop and bring it somewhere to game.  So seeing the Razer Switchblade got me excited.  I'm guessing that the keys are programmable?  That's good, since I usually use my Saitek Cyborg Command Unit Speed Pad to remap all the keys to fit my game controls.  Here's some of the things I'm hoping for when learning more about the product:
-Portable 7" design, hopefully it's light as well
-Touch Screen takes away the need for a mouse when surfing internet/checking email
-Strong Processor with smooth graphics (Good Graphics Card)
-Tactile, programmable keys aligned to adapt to any and all games
-A reasonable price (I'm hoping it's $300, but I doubt it)
-At least 500 GB worth of Hard Drive
-Runs other programs (like Steam because I have a ton of games on there)
-HDMI port to hook up to a Large LCD HD TV
-A battery life of at least 5 hours
-All the required ports like USB and Cable port just in case wireless is being stupid

Yeah, Razer's stuff has always been flashy and cool, but always expensive.  Looking at the Switchblade, it'll be a convenient device as a netbook and gaming laptop on the go.  I'll consider buying one depending on the price, but it's definitely a product to look out for in the future even to just take a look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment