Tuesday, January 25, 2011

NewNews - Kongregate back on Android, MNC/TF2 Crossover, and Magicka on Steam

Article Source: Gamasutra - Kongregate Android App Modified Slightly, Back On Marketplace

Last week, Kongregate had an application that acted as a portal to its 300+ free games for android phones and was taken off by google for violating rules of selling an app store in their app store.  After a little bit of modifying and clarification that it was a portal and not an app store, the app is back on the android market and 300+ free flash games are available to play.  Too bad I don't have an android phone:

Source: Youtube Channel Flashuploads

I found out about Kongregate through business and work and didn't try any of the games.  After hearing about Kongregate on the Gamestop channel in one of their shops, I went back home and tried it out.  It's actually pretty interesting having so many quality flash games in one area, and it's mainly due to the games being created by indie game developers.  On browsers on computer, there's over 1000+ games.  If you're bored and looking for some short term (or long term, depends on which game) entertainment, look no farther than Kongregate.

Article Source: Joystiq - Monday Night Combat PC launched; includes TF2 crossover, 'Juice Bot' 


Source: Youtube Channel UberEntChannel

Heh, I get all three references since I bought Team Fortress 2 a year ago, Monday Night Combat the day it was released on Steam PC, and I read Penny Arcade's comics.  I'm still not sure how strong the community for Monday Night Combat is since I barely see anyone playing Multiplayer, but hopefully this little update will bring some interest from the TF2 community.  I found this video and update to be awesome and humorous at the same time since a lot people ridiculed MNC for looking and playing too much like TF2 ever since its launch on Xbox Live Arcade.  This is obviously not true for those who watched gameplay videos and read descriptions on how it plays like DotA in a 3rd-person shooter format.  I honestly find it very interested and a good break from all the First-Person shooters I've been playing.  I only regret that I don't find the time to play it more often.  With the inclusion of these crossover items, it'll probably suck me back into playing some more TF2 (I never get sick of that game for some reason) and hopefully encourage me to take the time to play MNC more.  Good luck to Uber Entertainment and thank you for constantly updating the game.

Game Source: Magicka on Steampowered Store

So I did my usual check on Steam to see what the Mid-week madness sale was and saw that it was just Greed Corp.  I want to try it, but not really buy it and play it long term.  When I went back to the main screen, I saw a game called Magicka released today.  If it weren't for Steam, I don't think I would have heard a lot of these games that aren't talked about all that often.

Source: Youtube Channel GrowuPGaming

It looks interesting, and it even has a demo!  I'll probably check it out when I get the chance, but I'm not sure if I want to buy it right away.  If I buy it before Jan. 31st, there will be 3 DLC with it.  Is it worth it?  I was hoping to just wait for a $5 sale.  I guess I'll try out the demo first and decide then.  I did spend over $200 on steam last year, and it was all after I graduated from college too, haha.  So if you have a Steam account and have interest in magic, RPGs, and parody, go download the demo and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment