Wednesday, January 5, 2011

GameLight - Angry Birds

Anyone heard of this game?  I've been hearing about it in the past month or so showing up as one of the most successful mobile games out right now.  I didn't have much interest in looking it up, but I had a friend who was playing it last week and another talking about how addictive it was.  When I went to hang out with some buddies of mine, one of them was playing it on their touch screen cell phone.  Well, this is what it is:

Source: Youtube Channel RovioMobile

Simple, easy to control, and has a bit of challenge into it.  Most games on cell phones I've played in the past (prior to touch screen) has had jerky controls, laggy graphics, and easy/impossible gameplay due to the limitations.  Phones are now possess processors stronger than my first computer and has a large touch screen.  Even then, there are developers creating games with virtual joysticks and archaic controls.  The developers of Angry Birds (and other good phone games) understand the limitations of screen size, processors, controls and the amount of time people put into playing phone games and work with those limitations.  I'm getting a new phone soon, and I saw a free version of Angry Birds.  Anyone with a mobile device should go check it out, no harm in playing a free game.

No comments:

Post a Comment