Friday, March 22, 2013

GameLight - DuckTales Remastered

Capcom Blog: WOO-HOO! DuckTales is back
Source: Youtube Channel CapcomUnityVideos

I guess this was revealed at PAX East and then caught wind everywhere else.  I saw this posted on facebook multiple times but didn't care too much about it.  I didn't get to play the original NES version of the game, but it seems to carry a lot of memories for lots of gamers.  What I did do was watch the animated series everyday.  So when I decided to watch the trailer to see how "remastered" the game looked and started to hear the original theme song for the show, I instantly fell into crazy nostalgia and starting singing along with the song still knowing how it went.  It was a great move to have a sing-a-long with footages of gameplay for the trailer.  It captures the essence of what viewers of the show and players of the game remembers: the vibrant characters and environment, the catchy music, and the platforming.  Unfortunately for me it's set to release on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U thus far and I don't purchase digital games for consoles.  Perhaps there will be a PC/Steam version down the road.  If that should happen, I should look for the original game and play through it so I can have a better feel of comparison like I did with Bionic Commando.  DuckTales Remastered releases Summer of this year 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment