Thursday, March 1, 2012

VGCulture - New color for Nintendo 3DS

So besides waiting for a new model of the Nintendo 3DS to release and for more "good" games to be available, I've been waiting for other colors to come out as well.  When I was at E3 in 2010, they showed a few possible color designs, and an orange one caught my eye.  Don't believe me?  I took a picture of it:
Taken at E3 2010 Nintendo Booth by Shu (dunno why it's sideways)
So unfortunately, there still isn't any reveals of an orange 3DS yet, and the colors that released so far isn't what I'm hoping to get when I finally purchase one.  Well, Joystiq just reported of a few new bundles with one of them revealing a beautiful Cobalt Blue 3DS bundled with the new Fire Emblem game.
Picture from Joystiq (Source Link at bottom)

Sadly, this has only been announced for Japan and not everything released in Japan are seen overseas in the Western market.  Some other bundles that have been mentioned on Joystiq are the Monster Hunter G bundle (a game I hope they'll bring over), the Super Mario 3D Land Bundle, and the Fire Emblem Bundle.  There hasn't been any game released for the 3DS where I felt like I HAD to have the system yet.  When the Nintendo DS released, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow was the game I really wanted and I even bought the game before I got my own DS.  Pretty soon, Action games, RPGs, Strategy games, shooters and all just poured in for DS.  With the 3DS, I feel like the amounts of games are just drizzling out with most of the good ones just being ports or remakes of existing games.  The reveal of the new color is a good start to get me and possibly others wanting a 3DS, but I think most potential consumers are waiting for a new model of the 3DS as the dual analog attachment looks clunky and ugly as well as expensive with little to no support with released games.  Other than that, it's mainly the lack of games out in the market.  Make more Action games and RPGs!  Stop releasing so many Arcade games on the eShop!

Source:
-Joystiq: Japan gets Cobalt Blue 3DS, new bundles

No comments:

Post a Comment