Wednesday, March 21, 2012

GameLight - Anarchy Reigns

Official Site: http://www.sega.com/games/anarchy-reigns/

Source: Youtube Channel gamespot

Two months ago, I posted a list of some of the most anticipated games of 2012 and one of them was Anarchy Reigns.  Though I added it to the list, I honestly didn't have much interest in the game and never really looked much into it.  I made some discoveries about the game today that might have changed my mind.  Platinum Games are the developers to the game which is a plus for me as I've come to really enjoy a lot of their creations.  The game is based off the world and characters of "MadWorld" that was exclusively for the Nintendo Wii and was also developed by Platinum Games.  Finally, it is speculated that one of the playable characters within Anarchy Reigns is gun-totting witch Bayonetta!

Anarchy Reigns is an arena-based, multiplayer beat-em-up.  I think that's what worries me the most about this game is that its main gameplay relies on online multiplayer.  There are so many online multiplayer games that are developed but lose their community really quickly after a few months of its release which renders the game pretty pointless thereafter.  If there's a chance that it has 4-player split-screen just like old-school local multiplayer, I might be interested enough to get it myself.  There are tons of characters, all with their own special abilities.  The campaign allows the player to choose between two characters with two different stories to them.  Even so, the core concept of the game seems to be competitive online multiplayer.  The game is set to release on July 3rd this summer for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source:
-Joystiq: Bayonetta making a cameo in Anarchy Reigns

No comments:

Post a Comment