Tuesday, March 6, 2012

GameLight - Dead or Alive 5

Official Site: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/top.html

Source: Youtube Channel machinima

Dead or Alive is that fighting game with beautiful women and beefy men who deliver strikes so hard that they fall off mountains, break walls, and shatter bones but get right back up to continue fighting.  The game continues its legacy with its fifth installment as the fighting game with breathtaking graphics and powerful physics engine (in one way or another) returns with a surprise.

So many fighting game fans of the Dead or Alive series and Virtua Fighter series are getting excited with announcements and videos of VF's iconic character Akira Yuki joining the roster in Dead or Alive 5.  I grew up playing the Virtua Fighter series but never really got too much into it.  Dead or Alive I played even less of just because no one else had it or played it.  So as many fans of both series are overjoyed with the crossover, I found it to be sort of boring for an announcement of a crossover.  I like Virtua Fighter, but Akira was one of the more boring characters for me.  I liked more of the faster combo characters like Sarah Bryant and Aoi Umenokouji or some of the more obscure characters like Kage-Maru.

What I'm more excited about is that Dead or Alive 5 will be available for Playstation 3 as well as the Xbox 360 rather than making it exclusive to one console as they've had for the past two iterations.  One of the other reasons why I played Dead or Alive so little was because it was always on consoles I didn't have.  With the inclusion of being able to play on the Playstation 3, I might consider picking up my very first Dead or Alive game (if not for the 3DS).  Though I have to consider all the other fighting games coming out as well (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, The King of Fighters XIII, Soul Calibur V, and Street Fighter X Tekken).  I don't have to worry about it too much at the moment as the game is set to launch in the 4th quarter of this year.  If I do end up getting a 3DS sometime in the summer this year, I'll probably pick up Dead or Alive Dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment