Tuesday, October 11, 2011

GameOn - Fighting Games - Tekken Hybrid

Did everyone have a good break yesterday for Columbus Day (assuming you got a break)?  This week's GameOn theme is upcoming fighting games (all of them being being spin-offs or sequels).  Today's topic is Tekken Hybrid; it's a 3D CG Movie packed with the original Tekken Tag in HD and I think Tekken Tag 2 Tournament.

Source: Youtube Channel NamcoBandaiGames

I'm not a huge fan of Tekken (even though I own Tekken 1-6) but I do like the premise of the stories for each character and how they all tie together.  I dreaded the creation of the live action movie for Tekken, and so I was really happy to see a 3D CG movie in the works planned to be released as Tekken Hybrid as that's how a movie for Tekken should be presented.  I just hope the story and choreography lives up to its reputation within the games.  Lots of tournament and/or competitive players are excited about Tekken Tag 2, and it makes sense if you see some of the crazy combos pro players perform utilizing the tag system:

Source: Youtube Channel MitsuGTO885

That's scary!  After 1-2 rounds in, your character will miss the feeling of the ground.  Tekken Tag 2 will have a steeper learning curve compared to the main game as its use of the Tag system is necessary if a player wants to be remotely competent against someone who plays the game often.  I'm already god awful at the game controlling one character, I can only imagine how bad it would be like controlling two characters.  The arcade cabinet should be available internationally sometime this month, but the PS3 version won't be seen until sometime next year in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment