Thursday, October 6, 2011

GameLight - The Cursed Crusade

Official Site: http://www.thecursedcrusade.com/

Source: Youtube Channel AtlusUSA

When I first heard that Dark Souls was going to be published by NamcoBandai, I was wondering what Atlus was working on since they weren't going to be the ones publishing it (since they published Demon's Souls).  So that's when I saw trailers for "The Cursed Crusade" (before, it was just hearing the name and seeing the box art) and wondered what sort of game it will be.  The Cursed Crusade will be a 3rd-Person Action-Adventure game set in the Medieval era.  It will feature split-screen local cooperative gameplay, which is something rare these days it seems.  You could almost say it's like a Medieval version of Army of Two.  I've been looking/waiting for a co-op game I can play whenever my friend comes over besides Call of Duty: Black Ops, but there aren't too many good local co-op games as most developers focus on online play for multiplayer.  I'm not sure why, but I've been getting more and more into the Medieval themed games again recently (such as Dark Souls, forth coming Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, and Kingdoms of Amalur *though it's more fantasy than medieval*).  So far, The Cursed Crusade is a game I want to get for the co-op play; however, I'm still not sure how it'll turn out as it already has one review up on MetaCritic with a rating of 58/100 (PC) but a score of 83/100 on PS3.  I'll most likely get it on PS3 since it'll be easier to play with a friend and to avoid the many problems a PC version may have with compatibility, graphics, and requirements.

The Cursed Crusade will be released on October 11th, 2011 at (most likely) $59.99 for PS3 and Xbox 360 and $49.99 on PC.  I'm still not certain whether it will be available for digital purchase on Steam, but we'll find in five days anyways.

[Update]: NA Release is October 25th and EU Release is on October 7th.  These dates aren't for sure, but that's what I've found for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment