Tuesday, February 15, 2011

GameLight - Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

WOOT, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is out today!  MvC3 came out a lot sooner than I expected and it's got everyone (well, I guess mostly fighting game fans) excited!

Source: Youtube Channel machinima
I'm excited, but I also don't intend to buy it right away.  It's $59.99 and it has a lot less characters than I expected.  I'm not sure what other modes there are besides just plain arcade/versus yet, but I'm not sure if that really matters.  When I tried the game out last year, June of 2010 at E3, I had tried out Chris Redfield, Deadpool, and Dante.  Besides Deadpool and Phoenix, there isn't really anyone else I'm excited to try out on the Marvel side (well, maybe except for X-23).  On Capcom side, there's Amaterasu, Chris Redfield, Dante, Zero, Wesker, Viewtiful Joe, I mean there's a lot of really cool additional characters for Capcom.  With a lot of the characters from MvC2 on Marvel side not in MvC3, it feels kind of a small roster (WHERE'S CABLE AND ROGUE?)  What I really hope is that there's a ton of secret characters that Capcom didn't talk about and it will surprise those who have already bought the game and started playing.

Anyways, the game looks great.  Sleek graphics, smooth combat, and amazing dynamics with the art style they went far (looks much darker than MvC2, but hopefully it's a good thing?).  It's out for PS3 and Xbox 360 for $59.99.  I'll probably pick it up if I see it on sale anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment