Thursday, February 17, 2011

VGCulture - Games in 2011

I decided against writing about "repetitive gameplay" since I need a break from critical thinking and writing.  I should have done this about a month and a half ago, but I wanted to talk about some games that's coming out this year.  Along the titles is a small note or comment:

Source: Youtube Channel machinima
-Brink - I'm not quite sure what to expect, even with the videos and descriptions of the game.  I'm hoping for a fast-paced action shooter.  I guess it's kind of like Mirror's Edge in a competitive multiplayer environment.
-Arcana Heart 3 - I want this game, but not for $60.  Maybe $40 is reasonable.
-Homefront - Despite the controversy and the shocking premises of the story, I'm curious as to how this game will play out both in campaign and multiplayer.
-Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - I'm going to get this eventually, it's on top of my "want" list.
-Street Fighter X Tekken - An interesting mix, but I'm going to have to see some more gameplay first.
-Tekken X Street Fighter - Aw, what the heck...they should just put the two games together.
-Dark Souls - OMG YES.  I'm still working on Demon's Souls, but I'm very sure I'll like Dark Souls already.
-Gameboy 3DS - I'm going to wait it out and see if there's any games worth buying for it first.
-Sony NGP - Ugh, it's probably going to be expensive, but I'm curious to what sort of neat games come out.
-Crysis 2 - The game looks beautiful.  I haven't played the first one yet, so I'm not sure what to say.
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution - I'm not sure what to expect out of this game either.  I'm actually still playing the first one (got it last year) and like it, but I heard the 2nd one was terrible.  I'm keeping an eye out for this one.
-Battlefield 3 - Ack, so many FPS coming out so quickly, I can't keep up.  Battlefield has been a good series for me so far, so I'm really hoping for something magnificent from BF3.
-Diablo 3 - I might have to buy this the first day it comes out.  I never played the first 2 Diablo games, so I'm super excited about this one.  I tried the game out at BlizzCon 2008, so I'm sure it's several times better now.
-Dragon Age 2 - Meh, I need to play the first one before I can have opinions about this one.
-Bulletstorm - It seems interesting, but I lost faith after learning it was co-op "online only".  We'll see.
-Guild Wars 2 - I really didn't care too much before, but the more I learn about it, the more excited I get.
-Little Big Planet 2 - Mmm, I would probably want to play the custom games more than the actual game.
-Dead Space 2 - I never got to finish the first one because it crashed on me...I might pass this one
-Killzone 3 - I honestly didn't really like Killzone 2 from the demo.  The controls were awkward and loose.  But the developers made this one from the ground up, so maybe this one will be good?
-Portal 2 - Portal's fun, but I'm not too excited about a sequel.
-Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - I need to play the first two.  I heard the 2nd one was amazing.
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - I totally missed out on the Elder Scroll series.  I wonder what 5 is like.
-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - I'm semi-excited, but am just expecting another GRAW-like game.
-Mass Effect 3 - MULTIPLAYER!  Once I beat the first two, I'll be so ready to play this one.
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - I tried applying for game tester to help development on this one.  They're looking for people who has 10+ experience in the industry, haha.  I have no feeling towards MW3...yet.
-Kid Icarus: Uprising - I missed the chance to play this at E3 2010 last year, but my friend said it was fun.
-Metal Gear Solid Rising - I may have to go buy this when it comes out.  Raiden was a cool character.
-XCOM - I never even heard of the original game, but I'm very curious of what they'll do for this one.
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - I missed out on playing this one too at E3 2010, but I'm not too crazy about it.  I need to really finish some games first.

That's about it, simple and to the point.  I probably missed a lot, but it's February.  There's still a ton of time to talk about up coming games in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment