Friday, August 10, 2012

VGCulture - ASUS Gaming Laptops

Official Site: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/
I was shocked when I heard my friend got a gaming laptop made by ASUS late last year.  When I hear ASUS, I generally think of the tiny, 10" screen, portable notebooks they create that serves really well in business situations and people on the go.  Well, ASUS now has a "G series" specifically created for gamers.  What I'm currently typing on is actually my newly bought ASUS G75VW.  This machine packs a 2.3 Ghz quad-core Intel i7 Processor, 16 GB of RAM, 750 GB of Hard Drive Space, 17.3" screen, and an nVidia GeForce GTX 660m (to make a comparison, the latest version is a GTX 680m).  Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to try any games on it just yet since I've been busy; however, my friend got the version right before this one and was able to play on every game he owned at the highest settings.  The laptop is quite heavy and not the greatest to carry around, but it's great for a desktop replacement for those who might want to carry it around once in a while.  It has a multi-functional touchpad that allows scrolling, moving, expanding/shrinking, rotating, and such implemented onto the laptop.  The keyboard is sort of like the new keyboards apple makes for their computers, which I'm not a huge fan of, but I won't be using it since I use an external keyboard.  The laptop has a sleek design, the keyboard is lit up with bright led lights, the keyboard is tilted down for an ergonomic design to help ease long playing durations, and there's a finish to the palm rest areas of the laptop used in a lot of gaming peripherals (I have no idea what it's made of).  The most attractive aspect to these ASUS laptops is that they're affordable compared to most gaming laptops and have a very durable casing to ensure the safety of them when lugging them around.  I'm very excited to try out some games on it tonight, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment