Wednesday, August 1, 2012

GameLight - Wanderlust: Rebirth

Official Site: http://www.wanderlustgame.com/
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211580/
Source: Youtube Channel wanderlustrebirth

Wanderlust: Rebirth is a 4-player co-op based Action-RPG that launched 5.5 years ago.  This indie developed game was created with Game Maker and utilizes the ability to play online with other players cooperatively.  The game's aesthetics is reminiscent of old SNES RPGs and games such as Secret of Mana or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (in which they mentioned to have drawn inspiration from).  The game actually reminds me of Gauntlet with the 4-players having their own classes and builds fighting from a top-down perspective.  I think out of the descriptions they provided, "44 unique enemies and 15 intense boss battles" was the one that caught my eye.  I've mentioned this a lot, but I like Boss battles.  The game seems to have a lot of depth: loaded with abilities, lots of items, plenty of things to kill, and skill-based action that avoids the need to grind and level.  The game definitely looks more fun with a full 4-man party, so I'm wondering what the single-player experience is like.  I can't tell whether this game is fun or not just from the gameplay videos, but it does strike my interest.  These are the last two days you can pick Wanderlust: Rebirth up for $7.49 before it reverts to its regular price of $9.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment