Wednesday, November 9, 2011

VGCulture - Kontrol Freek Items

Official Site: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/
From official site
You might have heard about these little plastic thingamajiggers and have questioned why would anyone buy these.  It sounds like a big hoax to get people to buy these by saying that it will instantly improve your gameplay in a competitive environment.  If you're still wondering about them and saw them for sale on Amazon, then perhaps it might be worth investing in if you play a lot of First-Person Shooters.

Much like other gamers, I questioned the results these little plastic buggers could actually present when attached onto one's PS3 or Xbox 360 controller.  Well, I gave in and bought a pair exactly a year ago and was shocked to feel the difference in my gameplay!  The secrets behind these things are that its elevation allows the player to control how much the analog stick is tilted which makes a higher sensitivity setting in game much easier to use as well as its inverted tops with a nice grip to it.  This helps a player turn faster, aim more quickly, and react much more efficiently when compared to using the barebones analog stick.  The FPS FREEK won't make you into a god of FPS games, but it can help with better controls with higher sensitivity and a little adjusting to using them.  I bought them last year since I was playing Medal of Honor, MAG, Call of Duty Black Ops, and Resistance 2.  They still work really well now and I've adjusted to them so that I'll be ready for Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.  Although it's geared towards competitive multiplayer like Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the FPS FREEK can be used efficiently in single-player games as well such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution and RAGE.  I've tried using them for sports games and it works well as I have better grip, angling and control over sensitivity and direction.  So you can use them for NBA 2K12, FIFA Soccer 12, and NHL 12.  I even found it useful when playing Demon's Souls as walking slowly around corners or narrow pathways was much easier since I only had to tilt the analog stick by a little.  I can't say that $20 is really worth a pair (since I bought mines for $10), but they're a nice little stocking stuffer for Christmas or a small gift for a buddy.

I'm not sure why Amazon is selling them for $12.75 when it's usually cheaper.  It is somewhat more expensive on the official site, but it's probably because they're the new ones with designs on them.  Btw a word of warning, the prongs on the bottom will be hitting against your controller and will leave a mark.  I have a huge circle around my analog sticks now.  The FPS FREEK is somewhat hard to put on (sometimes it's easy), as you have to wrap all the prongs around the analog stick.  Taking it off is easy.  If you're an avid FPS player, I would consider getting a pair of FPS FREEKs.

No comments:

Post a Comment