Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NewNews - Battlefield 3 Beta on Sep. 29th

Official Site: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3

Source: Youtube Channel XboxViewTV

Before I start, I want to say that Joystiq might actually read some of my posts!  They started something called "Deja Review" which is synonymous to what I do for "Retroview".  Of course I don't have a problem with that since they didn't use my exact term AND their first "Deja Review" is on legendary Shoot-em-up "Radiant Silvergun" (which I sadly never played before).  It's cool to know that I might have contributed to an idea for the guys at Joystiq.  Anyways~

Electronic Arts has announced that Battlefield 3 will have an Open Beta Testing for all platforms on September 29th to all gamers.  I originally planned on buying this for PS3, but I recently found out that my friend will be getting it on PC since he won't even have his PS3 with him while in college.  Along with the fact that PC will have more content (slightly) than consoles, I am now considering getting it on PC instead and get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on PS3 instead.  So this Beta Test is a great time for everyone to try out on all their systems and decide which one they want to get it for.  You can figure out whether your PC specs can hold out, is the console version good enough to ignore the limited capacity of players, and which system feels most comfortable to play on.  And if you're one of the people that has early access beta, Beta starts on Sep. 27th for you.  I'm not sure when I should actually buy the game since I'm not desperate to get it the first day it comes out.  I'm willing to wait a little while to get a bit of a discount on it.  But if EA is anything like Activision in how they market Call of Duty, the price will never go down until the next sequel comes out.  Well, hopefully EA has some sort of sale or special discount on their Origin service.  I will see you all out on the battlefield on September 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment