Wednesday, August 14, 2013

GameLight - Teleglitch: Die More Edition

Official Site: http://diemore.teleglitch.com/buy
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234390/ Source: Youtube Channel gamespot

I've seen this game on the front page of GreenManGaming for the longest time and I just never had interest in looking into it after looking at a few screenshots.  When it was officially launched and showed up on Steam, I read the description and realized that it was a top-down shooter with Rogue-like elements.  These were two genres I enjoy playing that I don't see too many of in the current day market.  So I decided to do more research about it and find out if it's a game worth buy/playing.  The first two things I immediately take note of is that the graphics are minimalistic, but not pixel-based which has this blotchy ugly look to it and the fact that there's no music throughout the game.  I suppose I can look past the graphics style and I guess I can play my own music while playing this game.  There are times where the screen has this crazy color blur effect such as when the player is shooting.  It's a cool aesthetic in coordination to feedback within the game, but I can also see it being annoying when fighting a whole horde of enemies.  What does interest me is the amount of weapons there are and the randomization of levels, as most rogue-like games utilize, to deliver a new experience every time you play.  The game doesn't seem too complicated: survive, kill enemies and progress to the next level.  The game, as a whole, does seem to be lacking depth; however, it does have an interesting concept and one that I'd definitely be willing to try out.  You can grab Teleglitch: Die More Edition on Steam for $12.99 or from one of the many distributors listed on their official site.

No comments:

Post a Comment