Friday, June 21, 2013

GameLight - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta

Official Site: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
Source: Youtube Channel IGN

Square-Enix is going through the phases of Closed beta for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to make the necessary preparations for the launch of the game.  I didn't even realize that I had a received a beta key and so I quickly downloaded and registered to participate in this weekend's beta testing.  It started 2AM PST today and will last until 2AM of June 23rd.  It's not a lot of time, but it's something at least.  The biggest change I see in the combat system is that it's not Final Fantasy XI anymore but World of Warcraft.  I suppose this will make battle much faster.  I didn't get to play yet as I took an hour to create my character.  The textures might not be the best, but the game is aesthetically pleasing with highly immersive environments and colorful landscapes.  I guess I'll find out more when I try out the game today.  Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment