Monday, July 23, 2012

VGCulture - Amazon Gold Box Sale

Official Site: Amazon.com - Videogames

With the close of the Steam Summer Sale, there seems to be another sale coming up soon on Amazon.com for its videogames section.  Amazon periodically has special sales of videogames.  The thing is that it also lists games held by other stores listed on their site and so the prices fluctuates quite severely sometimes (bought a game for $54 after an entire year of waiting for a price drop and ended up having it drop down to $22 a few weeks after I bought it).  Still, Amazon itself (not the other suppliers and stores, but Amazon specifically), provides great services and incredible deals for games all year round for those still wanting to buy retail (there's also great digital sales as well now).  You'll get a copy of a game that wasn't touched by hundreds of people, or have a sticker on the box, and you'll sometimes get a much better offer and save more than you expected.  Don't get me wrong, I still go to retail stores to buy games and some of the employees will genuinely be passionate about videogames and help you with all they can; however, sometimes it's hard to beat the prices and alternatives that Amazon has to offer.

If I buy any games at a retail store, it's most likely at GameStop.  I hear a lot of stories of bad experiences from GameStop (and I've had a few of my own), but I've also have had good experiences too.  Possibly, the most I get out of GameStop is from having great customer services by the employees and finding obscure titles on the shelves.  Other than that, I really hate the stickers that ruin the boxes (I like collecting my games, I never sell them back), having all the games opened and the boxes touched by many (though I understand the problem with theft in a videogame store), and the store always keeps the prices of used games high and new games even higher.  The disadvantages of buying a game online like from Amazon is not being able to look at the box, having to wait for the delivery, and hoping that the package isn't ruined on its way to your mail.  With the amount of money I save and clean condition I get from Amazon, I generally don't mind the wait (except for Diablo 3, that was the most painful wait ever).

Considering that it's a Gold Box Event, I suppose there will be a sale of a videogame merchandise each hour or each interval.  My wallet isn't very happy about buying more stuff, but I'll pick something up if there's anything worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment