Monday, April 2, 2012

VGCulture - April Fools 2012

Every April Fools, I stay away from the internet to avoid being fooled by videogame news that may be worthy of an actual release or concept.  However, I always check all of them out the next day and see what hilarious or cruel joke people or even game companies have created for the public.  Here's what I found this year:

Source: Youtube Channel SegaAmerica

This would actually be an interesting mini-game for any of Sega's main games.  I mean, all games seem to have some sort of undead these days.  Sega added zombies to Yakuza.  Rockstar Games added zombies to Red Dead Redemption.  I can totally see zombie fishes in Bass Fishing, lol.

Source: Youtube Channel DiabloChronicle

Blizzard has made April Fools jokes in the past, but they're usually evident to being jokes.  Still, a few of them this year got me laughing.  This is one of them.

Source: Youtube Channel Google

Although it isn't "laugh out loud" hilarious, the novelty of the concept was rather entertaining. You can mess around with the map here.

[Half-Life 3 Site Prank]
Possibly the most cruelest prank to the videogame community this year was a deviously well constructed duplicate site of Valve's Steam platform with all the working parts with one major difference: A featured front page of what's seemly Half-Life 3. Fans of the series have been begging for Half-Life 2: Episode 3, so seeing an image such as that tugged on the hearts of many and shattered all hope when realizing it was a fake. Fortunately for me, I don't really care since I'm hardly done with Half-Life 2 (and my backlog is still ridiculous).

Source: Youtube Channel HawkandGamble

This was my favorite April Fools this year.  The last 30 seconds is what made the video worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment