Friday, February 17, 2012

GameLight - Asura's Wrath

Official Site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/asura/

Source: Youtube Channel gamespot

Asura's Wrath is an Action-Adventure Beat-'em-Up announced back in 2012 to be an over the top game influenced by Buddhism Mythology and Japanese Animé.  The player takes the role of Asura, demigod guardian of Heaven and Earth, to exact revenge against his former allies who had killed the emperor, his wife, and kidnapped his daughter.  A demo was released just a short while ago.  Though I didn't get the chance to try it out, many who did claimed it was boring and repetitive.  From the gameplay footages, it seems that a lot of boss battles consists of quick time events where the player presses the buttons on the screen.  The styling of combat are similar to animé series' such as Dragon Ball Z, Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), or JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) where Asura's attacks pummels his enemies with hundreds of strikes and at incredible speed.  That sort of over-the-top action sounds really entertaining, but many who have played the demo fear that the whole game is played just like what was available for the demo.  Others are staying optimistic to the case and believes that there's more to Asura's Wrath than was was presented to the public in the demo.  Here's a trailer to the opening of the game:

Source: Youtube Channel gamespot

I think Asura's Wrath might be a game I'd enjoy; however, I probably won't be getting it right away as I'm far behind my Action-Adventure games with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 (yes, 1!!!), Devil May Cry 4, and a yet to be open Vanquish (I'm even farther behind RPGs. C'mon 9 of them???).  I recently finished Bayonetta and it felt pretty lengthy to play even if it was just 12-13 hours of gameplay time.  I can't Action-Adventure games for long durations, especially if they're difficult.  Even if I wanted to play Asura's Wrath, I think I'd need to pick up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow first before I get around to buying it.  Asura's Wrath releases on February 21st, 2012 for $59.99 and if you pre-order from Amazon you get the Guardian Mode and Iconoclast Mode in the Devastator pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment