Monday, April 15, 2013

VGCulture - Lots of releases next 3 days

I'm looking at what games are released this week and there's a lot worth mentioning!  We even have a Nintendo Wii game coming out!

La-Mulana - PC - 4/15/13
Source: Youtube Channel 256nigoro

La-Mulana in many aspects was developed the same way Cave Story did, in one man's free time.  It was released only in Japan back in 2005 and was first introduced in NA just last year in Fall on the WiiWare channel.  Today, it was released on Steam after it was greenlit and had the okay to be put up.  I hear it's a lot like Metroid in terms of traversing the levels and similar to Castlevania in terms of combat and gameplay.  I love these types of games, so I'll probably get it eventually.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U - 4/16/13
If you like fighting games and DC Comics, this is probably the game for you.  Developed by the team who worked on Mortal Kombat, the world of DC comics is darker, gritty, and a lot more violent.  Despite loving fighting games and DC comics, I'm not that entirely excited about the game, but I know many others who are ecstatic about the idea and can't wait to get their hands on it tonight.

Pandora's Tower - Wii - 4/16/13
Probably the last great Wii game to come out of the console, Pandora's Tower is one of the games that was petitioned to be brought over along with Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story which NA got last year.  I gotta finish more Wii games so I can get around to these 3 great Wii games.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - 3DS - 4/16/13

This one's a bit complicated to explain, but I guess you can say it's a remake of an old game.  SMT:DS Soul Hackers was originally released back in 1997 on the Sega Saturn and never saw a Western release.  It's a sequel to Devil Summoner, which also didn't see a Western release, and has been enhanced for the Nintendo 3DS.  This game is great for fans of cRPG/Dungeon-Crawl RPG.

God Mode - PS3, Xbox 360, PC - 4/16/13
Waves of enemies, lots of killing and destruction, seems like my sort of game.  In this action 3rd-person shooter, the player can customize their character appearance and I think some skills or loadout from leveling up and jump online to team up with 3 other players in a frantic co-op campaign.  I'm conflicted on whether to get this game or not right now, mainly because I have so many other games that need my attention in finishing.  But the rest of you that don't need to worry about it should check it out since it's only $9.99 ($8.99 for pre-purchase).

Sacred Citadel - PS3, Xbox 360, PC - 4/17/13
Old School beat-em-ups are rare nowadays, so it's always great to hear new ones that come out.  The 3DS has Code of Princess, Xbox 360 got an HD version of Guardian Heroes while PS3/PSV will have Dragon's Crown, but what about PC?  (Okay, there's Dungeon Fighters Online, but their servers terminate this June).  Sacred Citadel brings back old-school beat-em-ups with a modern touch.  Three players can cooperatively play together as one of four classes.  This is also another game I'm going to keep an eye out for.


Besides Injustice: Gods Among Us, I think I'll be getting each of these games by the end of the year.  I just need to clear out my games that I already have first.

No comments:

Post a Comment