Thursday, April 4, 2013

GameLight - Dynasty Warriors 8

Official Site: http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/dw8/#home
Source: Youtube Channel GemaTheEntertainer

I was really surprised to hear a release date for a North America (July 16th, 2013) and even more surprised that the game has been out in Japan a little more than a month now (February 28th, 2013).  I'm definitely excited about the new iteration to the Dynasty Warriors series, but I'm also a bit skeptical.  The reason for such doubt is that Dynasty Warriors 7 was an incredible game.  After the disappointment of DW6, DW7 took everything that was great about their franchise and made one heck of an action game.  The story was told in a much more personal fashion rather than having hacked scenes here and there.  It was emotionally moving and well thought out.  The graphics were made to be a bit more realistic in terms of color palette choices compared to past DW games and was optimized so well that 3x-5x more enemies appeared on screen.  The flow and animation of combat was so smooth and effortless that it allowed a large array of possible combos.  In short, Dynasty Warriors 7 was so great that I wasn't sure if Omega Force/Koei was capable of making something even better.  There have been a lot of videos from the Japanese version of Dynasty Warriors 8 already uploaded online, but I didn't want to watch too much and spoil my experience with the game when I finally get it.  From what I gather, there will be new characters, new weapons, new modes, an affinity mechanic that creates advantages and disadvantages in a fight (think rock-paper-scissors or Fire Emblem), new abilities, and the ability to use 3 different musou attacks with each character.  I'm really surprised at how quickly Dynasty Warriors 8 came out as I was expecting for it to come out on the PS4.  I'll be really excited for a Dynasty Warriors on the PS4 utilizing the next gen technology for consoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment