Monday, February 4, 2013

GameLight - Ys I & II Chronicles+

Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223810/
Source: Youtube Channel RPGamerdotcom

I was so happy with the localization of Ys Origins and Ys The Oath in Felghana released last year.  I bought both games last summer but didn't have the time to play them.  I still had other games to finish, but couldn't help it anymore and installed The Oath in Felghana and started playing it.  Right afterwards, I saw Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles+ on the Steam special page.  Once again, XSeed Games bring the Western market another Ys title.  Ys 1 and 2 has been remade, re-released, and ported countless times ever since its original release in the 1980's.  Ys 1&2 defined the Action-RPG genre when it was still in its infancy and is one of the most influential games of its kind.  Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles+ takes the player back to the original games with recreated art, updated music, and a more familiar hack-n-slash control scheme instead of the bumper-car style gameplay the game was original known for.  Of course, all the original art assets, music, and gameplay style is still selectable.  I've played through the first Ys and thought it was okay.  I never got far in Ys 2 because it was very confusing.  The original Ys games were extremely grindy, and so I'm hoping the remakes won't be.  I'm willing to give the two games another play and try with the release on PC.  Ys I & II Chronicles+ will be available on Steam February 14th, 2013 for $12.74 pre-purchase and $14.99 when it reverts back to its original price.

No comments:

Post a Comment