Wednesday, January 9, 2013

GameOn - Games of 2012 - Games that Looked Good

There were a lot of great looking games that caught my attention and/or received good feedback from critics and players alike in 2012.  The list is simply staggering, and I'm probably missing a few games in the list as well.  I will be highlighting some of the games I would've liked to have gotten and/or made time for in 2012:

Some games I would've liked to have gotten/made time for:

Code of Princess (3DS)
Source: Youtube Channel IGNentertainment

The Nintendo 3DS doesn't have nearly as many games as it predecessors did which makes it a bit more difficulty to enjoy the system when there's nothing to play.  Code of Princess was a game that caught my interest as it reminded me of a great beat-em-up with RPG elements called "Guardian Heroes".  The game is said to have two members who worked on Guardian Heroes which might be the reason why some of the direction in game mechanics and art style is similar.  The game features many playable characters, tons of quests, online play, different stat builds, and some competitive modes.  It looks like a game with high replay value which I was looking for as I have completed the majority of my 3DS games.  I should've bought it when it was still $30 at Amazon...

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
Source: Youtube Channel IGNentertainment

I bought FFXIII-2 knowing I wouldn't be able to play it anytime soon as I have yet to even begin FFXIII itself.  I've heard the many complaints on FFXIII and similar ones in FFXIII-2, but there are those who still really enjoyed them.  I know some who 100% completed FFXIII-2 it.  I'm hoping this will be the year I finally sit down and get through those Final Fantasy games.

Mugen Souls (PS3)
Source: Youtube Channel IGNentertainment

Mugen Souls looks complete ridiculous and insane which is probably what seems so interesting about it.  The Art style is very similar to the Disgaea series but is by a different developer (possible that it's the same artist).  The game seems to have a certain charm about it and the plethora of customization is very appealing.  I'm hoping it gets a lower price tag before I get it though.  I also need to finish up more PS3 games before I even think about picking this game up.

The Last Story / Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Source: Youtube Channel IGNentertainment

These two games are considered the last of the Wii games worth buying and ones that I was hoping to have brought over stateside really badly.  Still, I didn't buy it "yet" as I have tons of Wii games uncompleted and is rarely touched.  I had so many reasons for being so hesitant in buying these two games.  I have spent a lot on other games, I still had many uncompleted games, these two games are RPGs and is sure to take a lot of time, and there doesn't seem to be any decline in price for either games.  I still have a grand desire to get and play these two games and have heard incredible experiences players had with the games.  I would have probably put these two games as top games of 2012 had I played it.

Ys Origin / Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC)
Source: Youtube Channel XSEEDgames

I didn't hold back to buy both Ys games when I heard they were being brought over to stateside on Steam.  I have waited 6 years to be able to finally play Ys: Origins and yet I never made time to play through either one yet.  2012 was seriously packed with an incredible library of great games that kept me really busy.  Ys: The Oath in Felghana had a release on PSP before, but I didn't care much for it until it was released on PC.  It's a remake of Ys 3: Wanderers of Ys and so I decided to find and play the SNES version in preparation to playing it.  Ys 3 was one of the games I really wanted as a child but never got and it was probably a good thing I didn't either as the game had many flawed design choices and was incredibly difficulty.  But being able to complete it now, I am now probably able to appreciate the remake a lot more.  These two are high on my list of "to play" once I complete a few more games.

Other great games that came out in 2012:
-Akai Katana
-Alan Wake (PC)
-Alan Wake's American Nightmare
-Asassin's Creed 3
-Asura's Wrath
-Armored Core V
-Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
-Avernum: Escape From the Pit
-Blades of Time
-Bullet Run
-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
-Closure
-Darksiders 2
-Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss
-Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
-DayZ
-Deadlight
-Dead or Alive 5
-Devil May Cry HD
-DiRT Showdown
-Dishonored
-Dust: An Elysian Tail
-Dyad
-Endless Space
-Far Cry 3
-Fez
-Forza Horizon
-Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
-Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
-Guardians of Middle-Earth
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
-Gungnir
-Halo 4
-Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
-Hero Academy (PC)
-Hitman: Absolution
-Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
-I Am Alive
-Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
-Jak and Daxter Collection
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD Ver.
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
-Krater
-Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
-LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
-LEGO The Lord of the Rings
-Lollipop Chainsaw
-Lone Survivor
-Mark of the Ninja
-Mass Effect 3
-Max Payne 3
-Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
-Medal of Honor: Warfighter
-Miasmata
-NBA 2K13
-NFL Blitz
-New Super Mario Bros. U
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
-Nintendo Land
-Need for Speed: Most Wanted
-Okami HD
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors
-Orcs Must Die! 2
-Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
-Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
-Persona 4 Golden
-Pokémon Black and White 2
-Pokémon Conquest
-Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
-Prototype 2
-Quantum Conundrum
-Ragnarok Odyssey
-Ragnarok Tactics
-Rayman Origins
-Realms of Ancient War
-Record of Agarest War 2
-Resident Evil 6
-Retro City Rampage
-Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
-Rock of Ages
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Serious Sam 3: BFE
-Shank 2
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
-Silent Hill: Downpour
-Silent Hill HD Collection
-Skullgirls
-Sleeping Dogs
-Sniper Elite V2
-Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
-Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
-Sorcery
-SoulCalibur V
-Sound Shapes
-Spec Ops: The Line
-Spelunky
-Starhawk
-Stealth Bastard Deluxe
-Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP
-Super Monday Night Combat
-Syndicate
-Tales of Graces f
-The Unfinished Swan
-The Walking Dead Video Game
-Tokyo Jungle
-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
-Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
-Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
-Tropico 4: Modern Times
-Twisted Metal
-UFC Undisputed 3
-Unchained Blades
-War of the Roses
-Warriors Orochi 3 / Hyper (Wii U)
-World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
-WWE '13
-XCOM: Enemy Unknown
-Yakuza: Dead Souls
-ZombiU
-Zone of the Enders HD Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment