Monday, November 5, 2012

GameLight - Forge

Official Site: http://www.playforgewar.com/
Source: Youtube Channel IGNentertainment

I ran across a trailer at Gametrailers showing a new competitive multiplayer online game called Forge.  Strange enough, it reminds me of Quake.  It's described as a Fantasy themed, shooter-based, RPG PvP game.  I think what reminds me of Quake is the jumping around in the large environment.  I do see some melee attacks, so I don't think it's purely a shooter.  It's probably the fact that it's a new game and not everyone is clear about what kind of game it is and started putting out assumptions.  To put it simply, it's going to be a Player vs. Player intensive team-based game using different classes to achieve the goal of eliminating your opponents or fulfilling a task (I see a possible capture the flag mode).  Forge is a Kick-starter funded game and is also on the list on Steam's Greenlight so the community can help push this game out by voting them up and supporting by pre-purchasing their game for $20.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's possible to register and start playing the beta right now for 14 days free.  A release date for Forge isn't available yet, but be sure to look out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment