Thursday, October 11, 2012

GameLight - Realms of Ancient War

Official Site: http://www.raw-thegame.com/
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209730/
Source: Youtube Channel focusinteractive

I mentioned this beautiful looking Action-RPG, Hack-n-Slash two days before the release of Diablo 3 as my anticipation for D3 had caused me to look at other games to divert my anxious heart for its release.  Realms of Ancient War (RAW) had been under my watchful eyes to see what becomes of it, and I apparently wasn't keeping a close enough watch since the game released today without notice.  The game looks amazing with beautiful graphics, slick animations, flashy abilities, and fast-paced hack-n-slash action.  What I'm mainly curious about at the moment for the PC version is whether the game can be played like a point-n-click or if it plays like the consoles where it uses a controller.  The game seems to play more closely to games such as Gauntlet than Diablo where attacks are more directional rather than target based.  I love assassin-based classes in RPGs, and so the Rogue is the character I'm most excited about playing if I get the game.  What a lot of players will be sad about is that the game doesn't support online gameplay with other players.  It can be played co-op with another friend, but only locally.  For console players, this won't be too much of a problem having multiple controllers and playing on the usual TV screen, but this might be a bit of a drag for PC players who will need to find gamepads to play with a friend and share a screen that may or may not be really tiny depending on the monitor size.  Still, the game looks like a really fun adventure and I'm very willing to play through it for a single-player experience.  RAW is available today for Playstation 3's PSN download, Xbox 360's XBLA download, and PC download including Steam for $14.99 (currently 25% off on Steam for $11.24).

No comments:

Post a Comment