Tuesday, May 15, 2012

GameLight - Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2

Official Page: http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203650/
Source: Youtube Channel SegaAmerica

I'm just patiently waiting for my copy of Diablo 3 to come in the mail right now as I read the many rage reviews of players not being able to log in last night at launch as millions of accounts impact the servers at Blizzard.  This just made the requirement of constant internet connection for even single-player that much worse for those who just want to play the game.  I just hope I can log on by the time I get my game and have it installed.  So far, no critic reviews have been made which makes me glad that they're actually taking the time to go through it before spouting their opinions about it before having a grasp on the whole package like many users are doing at the moment (568 user ratings on MetaCritic and rising with an average of 3.9/10 score).

In any case, look what else released on May 15th, 2012!  Although gamers aren't foaming at the mouth with anticipation for Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2, fans of the series are happy to see this release and change to the mechanics from Episode 1's clunky flow of game play and controls.  In Episode 2, Miles Prower aka Tails makes a spectacular return with new moves to help Sonic get through all the crazy new obstacles in this new installment in the series.  With the new tag-team abilities implemented in the game, a player can't take the role of Sonic or Tails solo and must be played together with either an AI-controlled Tails or with a 2nd player local/online.  I'm wondering how well online co-op will work as I'd really love to have a online co-op game to play.  The levels within Episode 2 make references to Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 with the oil slick level, a carnival level, and the air fortress level.  As a bonus, if a player owns both Sonic 4 Episode 1 & 2, they'll unlock a secret Episode in the role of Metal Sonic.  The player will get to play as Sonic's nemesis through 4 levels that reveals his revival from Sonic CD.  Although I'm reluctant to buy any games right now, I suspect that by Summer or Winter of this year I'll be buying every Sonic game there is on Steam.  Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 is now available on PC, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, and Android but not the Nintendo Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment