Friday, November 26, 2010

GameLight - Tales Weaver Preview

I was planning on doing a review/analysis on Trine for PC since I finished the game yesterday before my friends and family came over for Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm still pretty worn out from last night and don't feel like going into detailed writing.  Thanksgiving Dinner was delicious and playing NBA Jam and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with my friends and family made it all the better.  So today, I went around my usual reading of game news and announcements and saw something that caught my attention.
Source: http://www.talesweaver.com/

An MMO called "Tales Weaver" claims to be an episodic adventure that uses similar mechanics of console RPGs to tell stories and utilizing action fighting in the RPG world.  I got this information from G4G, a blog that shares news about free games, including MMOs.  The game looks intriguing in that the player doesn't have to keep killing things in the same area for a quest or that grinding is necessary like many other free MMORPGs.  The fact that it follows a story and that there is a distinguishable progression in the game besides leveling makes me really want to play through it and see what story it unravels.  The Action aspect of the fighting seems to be enjoyable too, similar to how Shining Tears played on the Playstation 2 or Lunia for PC's MMO Action-RPG.  I've been neglecting MMORPGs for the longest time since I keep running out of Hard Drive space and have been playing most First-Person Shooters (FPS) in the past year.  I've already bought an extra TB of Hard drive from Black Friday sales, so I should be ready to get back into trying MMOs when I get it.

At the moment, I'm looking at a hard decisions of what to buy during these sales:
-Medal of Honor (PS3)
-Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC)
-Fallout 3 (PS3)
-Sin and Punishment (Wii)
-Bayonetta (PS3)
-Uncharted 2 (PS3)

and others.  I'd really like to get a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops so I could play with my friends, but even the best deals I've seen are less than $10 off.  Maybe I really should cut back on the FPS and continue to finish up all the other old games I haven't played through yet on PS2 and Gamecube.  Anyways, have a great weekend everyone and safe travels back if you're visiting relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment